Monday, January 13, 2014

Be excellent to each other!

This week has been the best/least productive week so far on my mission haha. Last Monday the six of us elders in our district went on a hike to the top of a mesa in Lukachuki. It was so cool because you could see Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Many Farms from the top. But... I forgot to take my camera :P I will have to steal some pictures from the new elder in Many Farms. His name is Elder Cook and he got some good pictures of the hike. On Tuesday we had and awesome day for teaching. We have so many people who are doing so good in the gospel I cant help but feel exited! It's great to see Heavenly Father and his love for these people and to see the blessings that come from Praying, Reading the Scriptures, and Coming to Church. The members of the Church here have truly blossomed as the rose like it says in D&C. On Wednesday, Elder Nicholson and I got sick and stayed inside all day. We watched the hour long Joseph Smith Restoration movie and it was awesome! I don't think I have seen that all the way through before. We used the time that we had to think more about our area and I had a chance to learn more Navajo. I can almost make sentences but my pronunciation of the words are not the best. On Thursday we packed up some things and drove to Window Rock, New Mexico, for Zone Conference. All day Friday was spent at Zone Conference and it was really good. President Batt talked about the Atonement and it was cool because afterwords we did a question and answer with him and he gave some really profound answers. I like President Batt. We had interviews about 6 weeks ago and I told him about Jared missing me while I am on my mission and he prayed for Jared! He told me that he prays all the time for our families :) Zone conference is like a big spiritual motivation boost and after I just want to go out and do God's Work. On Saturday we had a funeral for a relative of a family in the ward. It was done here at the Many Farms building and it was super sad. After we went to the Chinle cemetery to lay the body to rest. They didn't have anyone to be the pal-bearers so they asked us missionaries to do it. We lowered the the casket into the ground and buried it. Never want to have to do that again, not a fun experience. Yesterday was the first day in 4 days that we were able to go out and teach. It was so fun! We took out a 17 year old kid in our ward all day. He wants to go on a mission when he turns 18 so it was good for him to see what being a missionary is all about. He loved it and wants to go out with us more often! So, there's my week. It was different, but I wouldn't give it up for anything. I think I have grown more this week than I have in the past two weeks combined! Well, I sure Love you guys! Keep up the family bonding stuff  and don't forget to Choose the Right! Be excellent to each other! haha Talk to you guys next Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment