Thursday, September 11, 2014

Elder Holland is a boss!

Elder Petersen didn't write much of anything for a letter this week. We mostly just chatted back and forth. I love catching him when he is online. :) 

Request from me to you:
-- Could you find a way to make a large detailed map of Chilchinbito so we can mark where people live? The church website has the boundries so maybe dad could figure out how to get all of the close up pictures and you could piece all of them together into one big map... I am thinking this will more effectively mark who has been visited and how to get there so that future generations of missionaries can continue the work where we have left off.
-- Could you also print off an epic picture of Christ with Helaman 5:12 quoted on it? A sister in our ward wants to hang that scripture in her home but we don't have the means to print.
-- Also, Elder Acaylar my last companion had a birthday last Sunday and has 0% family support because they are not members of the church. I want to send him something so he feels loved haha. He loves zelda and Minecraft so maybe you could send him those funny pictures/cartoons you have been sending me of Minecraft and such. He also has been missing those real pretzels you get at carnivals or sams club so maybe you could include one of those big ones. Anyways, If you are okay with it he could use a happy birthday, even if it is late. I will have the Napierski's send you his address tomorrow, with a note from me to him, while we are working out there.


much appreciated :) Please only do this if you can. I don't want you to stress out too much about it. These are things I cant do on my own

I am almost out of time so I will have to update you on this last week, next week instead. Simple summary is that Elder Holland is a boss! :D and Chilchinbito is continuing to be supper awesome! Bye Love You!

So I started working on the maps for Josh and I've been pulling it from the church website and then just piecing it together and i thought - there has to be an easier way, so i looked for maps online and found a several road atlas' on ebay and have been asking the sellers if it includes a map of both cities. this one seller replied it did so i asked her to send a picture and how big it was in inches. this is what she sent back..... 




hahahaha!!!!!!!!! um, no, that wont work, thanks though! :) 

so for his next request of an epic picture of christ for Helaman 5:12 which is;  And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."  I found this picture by Scott Sumner. how's that for epic? :) I called the guy and he's going to print the scripture on it for me.


we love spoiling missionaries so the next request was easy :)


Elder Petersen did tell me last week that Elder Holland was visiting: "We get to see Elder Holland on Saturday at a missionary fireside! but you cant tell anyone. It's low key so no one knows he will be there. but they gave us a list of rules and this was one of them...
(7) Absolutely no pictures are to be taken in the chapel (this is church policy). No voice recording of this fireside is allowed. Please limit your picture taking to enable you to return home as early as possible. If you take pictures, do it quickly....in the cultural hall or outside."

this is what his companion Elder Winborg said about Elder Holland's visit: "
Then on Saturday was the greatest thing that has ever happen to me up to this point in my life! I not
only got to listen to Elder Holland, but Elder Petersen and I got to shake his
hand!!!! We had to be at the fireside early because Elder Petersen was singing
in the musical number for the fireside. We were there a bit early and was just
talking to some people in the chapel when Elder Holland walked by. He stopped
and shook our hands, asked us how we were doing, and told us to keep up the
good work. During his talked it really opened my eyes and made me remember why I
am on a mission!"



No comments:

Post a Comment